Answers to your questions:
1. Yes we are just 50 metres from the beach and the surf school building has heated changing rooms, toilets, showers, surf shop and café.
2. Yes we have been running lessons for over 25 years and we are the only surf school in Westward Ho! that operates from an actual surf school building.
3. Yes we can take under 8's in a private lesson, but you must be over 8 to join a group lesson.
4. No you don't have to be fit, we coach to your own individual ability, All our groups are small so you can take a break whenever you like.
5. All beginners lessons take place in waist depth of water, you must be able to swim 50 meters, but you will have no requirement for swimming during your lesson.
6. You will be surprised how warm you'll be! Due to the shallow nature of the beach it is warmer than surrounding beaches, however all our wetsuits are of the highest quality with a titanium lining and are replaced every year. We also have boots and gloves if you really feel the cold!
7. All beginners lessons are exactly that, you will be in a small group with other people who have never surfed before, you will be on a soft foam board and will have plenty of space.
8. A normal session lasts between one and half to two hours depending on conditions. Times will vary slightly each day to get the best conditions to suit your ability.
Due to our small group sizes, booking is essential.